Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow Day



Today it snowed. Apparently Portland hasn't had weather like this for FIVE WHOLE YEARS. I made a video on elfyourself.com. I watched Amelie. I tidied up around the house and napped. I took pictures outside of my garden gnome in the snow. I started a blog. Clearly, this day has been momentous in more than one way. I wish I could have a snow day every day. Or at least once a week.

So, why should I start a blog? Maybe the proper questions is: why has it taken me so long to get one started. I'll be honest, this is my third blog attempt, the first two having failed miserably. The good news is that I have two things now that I didn't have before: a laptop and my own apartment. These two things can lead to social withdrawal, so why not start a blog? Again. I can keep up with my other bloggy peeps and they can keep up with me. I am sure there are many people who will be interested in my blog.

This is going to be a fresh start. I can't be a back-blogger. There's too much. Of course I'd love to write about that the Christmas Party I went to last night or Zac Efron's 2oth birthday, but I plan to live in the now. I will let blog worthy events rise into my life naturally and I will wait patiently for Zac Efron to turn 21.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so thrilled you have a blog, I need more lily in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your questions are so correct. why haven't you been blogging? I am so enlightened now that I am introduced to your blog, and maybe I will use social withdrawl as a good excuse to update my sad attemt at a blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LILY!!! i'm so glad you are blogging! love you!

    ReplyDelete